Friday, February 20, 2009

Idol Habit

I have always been a fan of American Idol, well, Season 7 to be exact. I just like to watch the auditions really, cause it is hilarious and really entertaining. It was only during last year that I became a real fan (partly because of my mom). My mom never missed an episode (David Archuleta addiction), so whenever I could, I would watch also. That was the time I got hooked. I actually wanted Archuleta to win but I can't argue with the fact that David Cook is a bit more talented. This year, I have my bet - Danny Gokey. I make it a point to watch it before going to work, which results in a shortened sleeping time and loads of coffee at work. I like to see the contestant's transition from being a nobody to suddenly becoming a household name, and really unearthing good talents. Last year was a tough one. Lots of people like Archuleta, but Cook can really make his version of songs stand out. This year, I like this Gokey guy, he can really sing and he looks a lot like Robert Downey Jr. I hope he can maintain his momentum. Well, I'll just have to see but one thing I'll know for sure (though I don't live with her anymore), my mom still never misses an episode of American Idol (I wonder who her bet is now)...

No comments:

Post a Comment